Patrons wanting access to the computers must provide their library card.If a patron’s library card is delinquent, the patron must resolve the account before being granted access to the computers.Visitors will need to provide a current driver's license or picture ID.
The Etowah Carnegie Public Library is not responsible for the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The Internet is a worldwide community with a highly diverse user population and it is your responsibility to use this resource wisely.
Internet resources accessible through the Library are provided equally to all library users. Parents or guardians, not the Library or its staff are responsible for the Internet information selected and/or accessed by their children. The computers are equipped with filtering software but that does not guarantee 100% blocking capabilities of inappropriate sites.
The Etowah Carnegie Public Library cannot be responsible for monitoring or protecting you from material you may find offensive. The Internet is a global entity with sexually explicit material and other information resources, which you may personally find controversial or inappropriate. It is up to individuals and parents/guardians to ensure there is no access to information that has been decided upon in advance as inappropriate.
The computers and Internet Access are normally available, subject to periodic maintenance, during regular library hours. Computers are checked out on first come, first serve basis for one hour. If no one is waiting you may continue longer than one hour.
The Rules: By using a public computer workstation, each patron agrees to the following rules and regulations and those already outlined above.
· User shall assume the full responsibility of learning to use the computers and software on their own.
· The user agrees to take proper care of all hardware, software, documentation and all equipment that are the property of the library. At no time will the user change software settings, Window setups, and move or delete icons or attempt access to the setup or configuration of any software or hardware. When there is any fault with any equipment or materials, the user will immediately report any difficulty or problem to a staff member and not try to "fix" any problem.
· The user agrees not to use these resources for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes, which includes (but is not limited to) making unauthorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software or data.
· User agrees not to install software programs on the Library computers. You may only use the software applications provided by the library.
· User must respect the privacy of others by: not misrepresenting themselves as another user; not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others.
· User agrees to pay $.25 a page for printed material.
· User agrees to refrain from sending, receiving, or displaying text or graphics which may be reasonably construed as obscene.
· User agrees to be responsible for any hardware or software damage or Internet costs related to their actions.
· User may send and receive e-mail but no e-mail address will be provided.
The librarian conducts regular site checks.
Misuse or abuse of computer or Internet access will result in suspension of computer workstation and Internet access privileges.
The Computer and Internet Policy will be enforced by the staff and may be subject to change at the discretion of the Library Director and Library Board.